"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Maine

>> Wednesday, May 22, 2013


                                               
            “It’s cold out, no freezing, and there is an annoying light rain and you have fifteen minutes to be on deck.”
            My response was “That’s about friggin’ right! Welcome to Maine!” I get my foulies on as quick as I can and run on deck. Quickly, I find out that we are only 40 nautical miles from the closest point of Maine. MAINE! The place I love. I have experienced most everything it has to offer from the city, to way up north in the sticks, to the jaw-dropping coast. There is beauty in so many ways. One important thing to know…if you don’t approve of the weather, wait an hour and it will probably change. But on the other hand, if you do, enjoy it because it will change soon. The wind is quite funky now; blowing a nice 20 mph then suddenly it dies within the hour. Oh well, as we have learned on the Gamage, we will get there when we get there. And when we do get there, who knows what it is we will be doing.
            I’ve had a great trip. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. I am glad to be close to home and close to my truck! See you all on the first!

Myron Hahn

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP