"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Dance, Dance, Dance

>> Saturday, May 11, 2013


                                
            After busking on the streets of Charleston for a few hours with two guitars, two fiddles, a harmonica, a melodica and a group of enthusiastic dancers, we went to listen to Mr. K play his banjo with a band at the Kickin’ Chicken Restaurant. We threw our bags down and jumped up on the dance floor. My summery dress swung freely and my bare feet tapped lightly on the ground. The music started up with Mr. K leading the band. I had no idea what I was doing, but Ben grabbed me and we invented our own dance. When the song ended, another one started and I grabbed someone else and danced all over again. It was hot and stuffy and the music was fast paced. I spun around and around, my short hair getting in my eyes. By the end of the night, I had danced with everyone and even managed to drag Andrew up for a few songs. My feet hurt and I could barely keep my eyes open when we finally got back to the boat sometime after midnight. Thank you Mr. K for an awesome night!!


Anna Spring



0 comments:

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP