"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

>> Friday, March 30, 2012



Today we went to an orphanage. It was really dirty with trash everywhere. I was shocked to see how happy the kids were. In America kids with ten times as much are still unhappy with what they have which is so much compared to these orphans. The first day we went we cleared out some trees and put trash that we found lying around into trash bags. The next day we put all of the trash into some kind of hole that was dug up. It was very sad to leave those kids knowing that they had so little. It really made me think of all the opportunities I have and what I have been taking for granted.
-Doug

The city is a big place and I am a small person.
The world is a big place and we sail it on a small boat.
Santo Domingo purrs at night like a cat filled with satisfaction.
So does my fan.
So does my belly.
The rain comes often
So do our smiles.
So do our wake ups.
-Iyla

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP