"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

>> Friday, March 30, 2012



A smooth

Cocoa plume

Sucked in

Like an embryo

Because embryos

Do that sometimes

Suck in thickly

To mass produce

Like violent rock structures

To roll through

And break the earth


Sitting by the river

I watch as they head back into their cabins

Turning on the lights

So they see

Their feet

Scrape the floor


Floor scathed

And the sky still broken

I hurl into my feet bare

The part of me I love the most

For enveloping

Children of the flies

Runoff from the skies

Blessed center of the rubbled growth

Dusty river

The valley

What perplexes me

Is the pattern

Of the leaves

Slightly harmed

By the breath

Of the waves

-Katie

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP