"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Clark Gegler 10/9

>> Monday, October 10, 2011


Hmm about time I write a blog entry…Hello to the people reading this! It’s really hard to describe what’s currently going on because words don’t give this kind of trip justice! You really have to be here to understand it fully, but since you all can’t be here I’ll do my best to describe it.

Yesterday in Charleston we did a walking tour of the historic district. It was really cool learning about how the city was formed, and in what ways the town had an impact on history, like how it was the first battleground of the Civil War.

Today we went to the Aquarium--it was made of pure awesome-sauce! The exhibits were amazing ranging from a salt marsh, to a deep-sea tank. During our time there we were also able to explore the turtle rehab center. I recommend people check it out because it is amazing there are places like this out there that help sea turtles.

When we were let loose in the main aquarium area, I first attempted to get my aquarium assignment done. We had certain things we had to do like interview an aquarium employee and describe our favorite exhibit. Let’s face it; we are still at school even though it doesn’t feel like it! After a while I decided to just have fun and as you’ll see in the pictures it was so worth it.

After a jam-packed day, we were given time to go ashore for dinner! Charleston is nothing like I have ever experienced before. I have been to New England and Florida, and this town is very different from what I am used to. There is a really cool vibe here! All right, it’s getting pretty late and I have work to do!

Peace out

Clark G.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP