"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Reflections by Megan Subsick

>> Sunday, October 10, 2010

The past few days have been tougher than I ever could have imagined. The crew of the Harvey Gamage has experienced high winds and seas of at least 12 feet or more. I never could have imagined a storm like that out in the middle of the sea until I was staring it right in the face, We experienced more seasickness and discomfort than I ever thought imaginable. At times I found myself in a love-hate relationship with Ocean Classroom, especially as I battled feeling more sick than I have ever felt before in my life. Then 36 hours later I found myself marveling at the Atlantic Spotted dolphins which were mere feet away. Or sampling raw tuna mere seconds after the mighty fish had been dispatched on the deck of the Gamage. Ocean Classroom had me tasting Oahu and Tuna for the first time along with facing challenges I never thought could possibly exist. The most difficult challenges may still be ahead but I am going to enjoy the calm seas we now have and the smooth sailing into Charleston.


Megan Subsick
Ocean Classroom 2010
Crew of the Harvey Gamage

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP